Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Ginko for Mental Alertness

I went to my regular doctor yesterday. She suggested a few things, like a follow up with a neurologist and a some vitamin supplements (like ginko, which is billed to help with mental alertness), and was surprisingly minimalist with the expected lecture when I told her I'm planning to ride again on December 1. That's the day the doc said I can, and I will definitely hop back on the horse, literally and figuratively. Of course, Courtney has threatened that I'll be jumping poles on the ground when I go back, so we'll see who wins that battle.

The other thing I did yesterday was go to Gallops, which is the tack store where I buy all my riding gear. I was asking about a new helmet. The manufacturer of my helmet has a policy whereby a new helmet is 60% off retail if you have to replace it because of a crash. I explained what had happened to me, and both of the girls working said, "Oh, we heard about that!" So, just as I'd always hoped, I am famous. Granted, I was envisioning a completely different reason for my notoriety, but there you go.

Incidentally, when I went to the Puma store with Katy yesterday and discovered it was closed, I couldn't decide at first if I'd just directed her to the wrong location or if it was closed. There was no residual signage. That's a very mean trick to play on a person with a head injury, Puma. Not to worry, though - I got my Pumas today instead, at Nordstrom. (I love Nordstrom like Audrey Hepburn loved Tiffany, I have to say.)

So, you see that I'm staying reasonably busy, for a person who can't drive or work. I'll update y'all on both of those subjects after my therapy session tomorrow. Nighty night!

No comments:

Post a Comment