Thursday, September 24, 2009

More o' the Same

Tim says I should update here, even though there's not much to update. Healing isn't very exciting. I mean, I am excited I'm healing - but I kind of think it's like watching paint dry. I did have a milestone yesterday. Tim had to go to Seattle for work, so I was on my own with the boy last night. It went fine. It all feels much more normal now. My patience is still somewhat limited, but it's definitely better. Also, I'd like to blame the fact that Elijah kicks my ass at MarioKart on my head injury, but I don't think I honestly can. It's too bad, really - the whole head injury excuse does come in handy from time to time.

I also drove a few days ago. Tim says I nearly killed us, but we all know he exaggerates. I did fine. I'm not ready to head out on my own yet, but it felt like, well, driving. Again, not super exciting, but it feels good and normal, and I think that's the goal right now.

I do still notice memory issues. I can't always remember if I've already told someone something. I also second-guess directions to places I've been a million times. I generally get it right, but I just don't trust myself completely yet. I did get my friend Courtenay and myself to my hairdresser's today without incident, which I think is definitely progress.

I'm having lunch with my boss next Wednesday to talk to him about my return to work, which will be good. I'm not exactly sure about the timing yet, but it's getting closer. The timing of this accident sucked supremely for my work life. I have a trial coming up at the end of October that was supposed to be my case. My boss says we'd just gotten to the point where he didn't have to do anything and could let me do all the work when I hurt myself. That's not entirely true, but I did have lots of responsibility for lots of different things. Hopefully, I'll still get to participate in the trial, but I'm sure it'll be different than I imagined it.

Well, I should go get my beauty rest, because tomorrow's a big day. I have breakfast and lunch plans with friends and then am going to see a movie for a belated birthday celebration. I'm very excited about all the socializing, especially since the extent of my social life today was talking to the dogs. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment